Crash, boom, bang...........ugh (and a few recipe anecdotes)

Well, I had great intentions of blogging a new recipe each week until we got back into the field for corn planting. Yeah, right!........my laptop CRASHED a week and a half ago. I miss it. I miss it dearly. My friend the computer guru says it's either a power issue or the motherboard is bad. I did her recommended steps, and have determined that the motherboard is the culprit. I'm hoping that we can resurrect it by making one working computer out of 2 non-working ones. Here's to hoping the spare one has a good motherboard!

Meanwhile, I'm using plowbaby's eMac that Santa brought her for Christmas. It's almost like learning all over again. I have a very STRONG dislike for the one button mouse, and thinking backward about how to do execute an operation is about more than my feeble brain can handle!

But our recipes are done and the pictures are taken. I just have yet to figure out how to download pictures onto the mac.

Easy Chocolate Eclair "cake" :

The dessert can be found here : http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2008/06/easy-chocolate-eclair-cake.html This is courtesy of Mommy's Kitchen. Thanks for the super yummy recipe Tina. She has the recipe and step-by-step directions on her site. (Just picture my little cutie putting it together in the pictures). This is a recipe that kids can do by themselves. Plowbaby did most of this dessert all by herself. And it was a HUGE hit at Thursday Lunch!

Yesterday morning, Plowbaby wanted green eggs and ham for breakfast. (It is Dr. Suess week at school this week). I asked her how she thought green eggs were made. Her reply was "Just put eggs in the bowl, use my stirrer and then add green coloring" {Smart kid I have!!!} So we added 2 eggs, some milk to her batter bowl and then some green coloring until we had her desired "green-ness". I scrambled them up in a skillet, then placed them on a white plate with 2 slices of ham. She was in heaven with her creation! Sure wish I could figure out how to post pics with this mac......they are priceless!

In "outside" news......it's finally starting to warm and dry up. The boys are been spreading chicken litter for the last few days. I'm sure we are real popular with the neighbors about now. (NOT!) I just hope it stays warm and dry so we can start working down the knee deep ruts that we left from fall harvest.

Have a good week everyone!

Happy trails,
~kansasplowgirl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................